Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's/YA version at Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers.

I did it.  I finished The Last Dragonslayer, the first book in the Chronicles of Kazam by Jasper Fforde for Middle Grade Mania.  Despite being included in Middle Grade Mania, I would classify this on the young end of YA.  It has an awesomely unique fantasy world, a great sense of humor, really colorful and memorable characters and no romance, which is refreshing.  The plot stayed fresh throughout, despite some moments where I thought I was being set up for disappointment.  (I was wrong.)

This week I'll be starting on The Song of the Quarkbeast, the second book in the series.

What are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. I just read The Last Dragonslayer a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to Book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be sure to check this out for my dragon-loving daughter. http://childrensbookbin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY your reads. I haven't heard of either book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loves this story so much! He always love to read stories about magicians, dragons, and witches. Though I can't even remember if witches are involved in this story, I know this is a good book. I used to read fantasy novels too, but for now, I have to reread Dan Brown's books first. :)

    Shelley @ YallTwins.com

    ReplyDelete