Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's/YA version at Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers.

So it turns out when I'm deep in rehearsal for a show, I'm terrible at reading.  Something about already being immersed in another world and having no free time, I'm sure.  Anyway, I got a bit deeper into The Last Dragonslayer, the first book in the Chronicles of Kazam by Jasper Fforde for the upcoming Middle Grade Mania event.  I'm really enjoying it.  The world is very unique; a take on fantasy I haven't quite seen before.  I love the characters and I'm really looking forward to seeing how everything plays out.

This week I hope to finish The Last Dragonslayer and move on to the sequel, The Song of the Quarkbeast.

What are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. I am reading this one right now also. It is a fun book and I am enjoying the humor. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a lot funnier than I thought it would be. It keeps the pages turning.

      Delete
  2. I have read The Last Dragon Slayer, but did not realized the next one was out. I will need to find a copy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Song of the Quarkbeast isn't actually out until Sept. 3. I have an advance copy.

      Delete
  3. ENJOY your week.

    I haven't heard of this book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete