Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's/YA version at Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers.

Last week I finished If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin for her upcoming author event.  I really liked the writing and the characters.  The mood of dread and anticipation created throughout was palpable.  I did not, however, like the resolution at all.

Next I starting Inheritance, the first book of the Southern Son: The Saga of Doc Holliday trilogy by Victoria Wilcox for her upcoming author event.  (This one is for adults.)  Historical fiction isn't really my genre, but the story is interesting enough and it reads fairly easily.

I also read a random picture book, Monsters Eat Whiny Children by Bruce Eric Kaplan.  This is really funny and should appeal to both kids and adults.  I'm definitely keeping an eye on this author.

This week I'll be finishing Inheritance, then starting Twerp by Mark Goldblatt.

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Monsters Eat Whiny Children sounds like a fun book! It is so disappointing when a book doesn't have a satisfying resolution, especially when you have been intrigued throughout the whole story. I hope you have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monsters Eat Whiny Childre sounds great! On my library list :)

    Thank you so much for participating in IMWAYR and happy reading this week :)
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete