Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's/YA version at Teach Mentor Texts.

This will be very short.  Last week, I continued Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  I'm finding this very slow going.  It's not bad, it's just also not really compelling me to pick it up.  It feels like things could be happening a lot more quickly, then maybe I'd be more excited about it.

This week, I'm really going to try to finish Beautiful Creatures, then move on to Poison by Bridget Zinn.

What are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. I just requested an e-galley of Poison. I hope i get approved because it sounds great! Good luck finishing Beautiful Creatures. I enjoyed it, but maybe it's not your cup of tea? http://wp.me/pzUn5-1qI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly not unpleasant to read, and I keep thinking that if I just get a little farther, it will really grab me. I just need to really push through and we'll see what my opinion is by the end. My mind is still open.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and have you seen this project regarding Poison?

      http://bridgetzinn.com/help/index.php

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about Beautiful Creatures. I found it to be slow-going as well. I will read the other books because I am intrigued by the story, but I completely get where you are coming from with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know at least one person who loves the series and a few people have given me good reviews of the movie, so I'm hoping by the end of the book, I'm hooked too.

      Delete