Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's version at Teach Mentor Texts.

This week I finished Tenth Grade Bleeds, the third book in The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series by Heather Brewer in preparation for her guest appearance at River City Readers' Trivia Night Fundraiser.  Then I read Partials, the first book of the Partials series by Dan Wells (previously reviewed) in preparation for the Dark Days Tour.  Finally, I started Insignia, the first book of the Insignia series by S.J. Kincaid, also for the Dark Days Tour.  In picture book land, I read Fifty Cents and a Dream: Young Booker T. Washington by Jabari Asim, illustrated by Bryan Collier.

Next week I'll be finishing Insignia, then starting Wings, the first book of the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike, also for the Dark Days Tour.

What are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Insignia...just waiting to actually get my hands on it!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it. It's very similar to Ender's Game so far (I'm about halfway through).

      Delete
  2. Lots of preparing for author visits- makes me jealous :)
    Love Heather Brewer- tell her I say HI!
    The other two novels sound great! Added to TBR.

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited to have The Dark Days Tour coming through. I'm hoping it can pave the way for other major YA authors.

      Heather is a favorite around these parts. We're lucky to have a lot of great children's and YA authors who call St. Louis home.

      While there's nothing really wrong with it, Partials hasn't been one of my favorites. Just not to my taste, I guess. Unless it takes a wrong turn in the second half, I can recommend Insignia, though. It's a nice bit of classic science fiction amid the dystopias.

      Delete
  3. My favorite read last week was Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata Konami. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete