Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's version at Teach Mentor Texts.

This week I finished Venom, the first book in the Secrets of the Eternal Rose series by Fiona Paul.  I then moved on to Eight Grade Bites, the first book in The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series by Heather Brewer.  Next came Elemental, the first of a trilogy by Antony John.  I finished by starting Ninth Grade Slays, the second in The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod.  This all leads up to a local-young-adult-author dinner held by Penguin later this week.

I also got to witness Miss Jonesey's storytime for some of our River City Readers, which included Zomo the Rabbit: A Trickster Tale from West Africa by Gerald McDermott and Say Hello to Zorro! and Zorro Gets an Outfit by Carter Goodrich.

Next week I'll be finishing Ninth Grade Slays, then moving on to the next in the series, Tenth Grade Bleeds.

What are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. I have read at least the first one or two in the Vlad Todd series, loved it. I got to see Heather Brewer speak earlier this month at IRA in Chicago. She is an amazing speaker. Her message was so intense but also so heartfelt. I am so glad I was able to hear her presentation. I will not forget it. I hope you love meeting her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to have dinner with Heather and her husband Paul last night, and they are both just delightful. So engaging and funny. I hope to be able to work with them more in the future.

      Delete
  2. The Zorro books are popular this week!

    My favorite read last week was the audio of On the Beach by Nevil Shute. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nevil Shute. His books have such a historic feel to them. I read On the Beach years ago but still think about it.

      Delete
    2. The Zorro books are popular all the time at our store! There's a great photo of one of our owners reading it to her dogs. The pups really look like they're enjoying it, too...

      Delete
  3. The Valdamir Tod books were very popular in my library last year. Glad to know that the author is a great speaker, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye on The Slayer Chronicles, the spin-off series. The first book is already out with a second on its way this fall. I'm also looking forward to her new series, Legacy of Tril, which has a female protagonist.

      Delete