Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's version at Teach Mentor Texts.

This week, I finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green for Forever Young Adult's book club.  Then I moved on to The Book of Perfectly Perilous Math by Sean Connolly in preparation for his author visit.  Then came Summer of the Gypsy Moths by Sara Pennypacker in preparation for her author event.  Finally, I started Disney After Dark, the first book in Ridley Pearson's Kingdom Keepers series in preparation for his author visit.

In picture books, I read Little Bird by Germano Zullo and re-read Grandpa Green by Lane Smith (previously reviewed).

Next week, I'll continue reading Disney After Dark, then move on to the next book in the series, Disney at Dawn.

What are you reading?

Also, it's World Book Night!  I've got The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (previously reviewed).  Pam, the other half of Left Bank's children's department, has Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo (previously reviewed).  What are you giving away?

4 comments:

  1. I love The Fault In Our Stars! Really love it. I think it will be winning an award in January. :) I haven't read the whole Kingdom Keepers series but I've read at least three of them. They are fun. I love the behind-the-scenes look at the Disney Parks. I met Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry last spring. They were super funny together. Both seem really nice. :)

    I got to give away Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian for World Book Night. Such a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I whole-heartedly agree on The Fault in Our Stars. It was really interesting to contrast it with Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, another book-about-cancer-but-not-a-cancer-book.

      We're hosting an event for the fifth Kingdom Keepers book, and I'm doing my best to have them all read by then. We'll see how far I get.

      One of the owners of Left Bank give away The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. He sent them to Hawaii where a friend of his teaches in a poor section of the state. Most of his students are native Hawaiians, and I'm curious to see how they relate to Junior.

      Delete
  2. I want to read Fault in Our Stars!

    Disney after dark sounds interesting! I have always loved the Disney parks and this could bring back some good memories. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend The Fault in Our Stars (but not without some Kleenex nearby).

      The Kingdom Keepers series is definitely great for Disney connoisseurs. Pearson did a ton of behind-the-scenes research to make everything (except the animatronics-coming-to-life parts) as factual as possible.

      Delete