Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's version at Teach Mentor Texts.

This week I finished Crow by Barbara Wright in preparation for her author event.  Then I moved on to The Chaos by Nalo Hopkinson, my April book for the 2012 Debut Author Challenge.  I'm currently reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green for Forever Young Adult's book club.

Next week, I'll be finishing The Fault in Our Stars, then launching into The Book of Perfectly Perilous Math by Sean Connelly in preparation for his author visit.

What are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you! I wish I could read The Fault in our Stars for the first time again. I loved that book so much! I sat in one place and laughed and cried for hours until I was done. Enjoy!

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving The Fault in Our Stars. I'm embarrassed to say it's my first John Green experience (although he's been on my to-read list for quite some time) and now I'm sure I'll have his backlist read in no time!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's been a great couple of weeks for me. I'm having trouble narrowing down my staff picks lately.

      Delete
  3. Did you enjoy Crow? I thought it was one of the better historical fiction books I've read. Very powerful with great characters. Have the tissues handy for The Fault in Our Stars! I didn't even love it and I still cried, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Crow a lot, even though historical fiction isn't always my favorite. I think it's an early contender for the Newbery.

      And I've already had one major cry from The Fault in Our Stars and I'm only a little over halfway through.

      Delete