Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, April 9, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey with a children's version at Teach Mentor Texts.

This was a rather slow week, reading-wise.  I finished Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson for the Current Affairs reading group's April meeting.  Then I started Crow by Barbara Wright for her author visit.

In the world of picture books, I read Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale and Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!, both by Mo Willems.  I also got the opportunity to hear Mr. Willems read The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? and Listen to My Trumpet! at his author event.

Next week, I'll be finishing Crow, then moving on to The Chaos by Nalo Hopkinson, my 2012 Debut Author Challenge book for April.

What are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious about Crow....Speak is another one I would like to read. I enjoyed the movie.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying Crow so far. It has a very Newbery feel. Speak is great. I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  2. I love Mo Willems - his books are great!

    Hope you have a good week!
    Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mo Willems does not disappoint in person. If you get the chance to see him, definitely take it.

      Delete
  3. Have a great reading week

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete