Books for Younguns, Young Adults and the Young-at-Heart

Monday, March 5, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday!  What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Journey, with a children's book version at Teach Mentor Texts.

This week I finished Mockingjay, the third book of the Hunger Games Trilogy, by Suzanne Collins so I could have all three books down before Left Bank's brand-new Teen Reads reading group discusses the first book.  I also read Super-Sized Slugger, the latest installment in the Cal Ripken, Jr.'s All-Stars series, by Cal Ripken, Jr. with Kevin Cowherd in preparation for the former's author visit.  In picture book territory, I read Another Brother by Matthew Cordell on the recommendation of our Central West End Floor Manager, Elizabeth.

Next, I'll be reading No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller by Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, with artwork by R. Gregory Christie.  It was recommended to me by John, our sales rep from Abraham Associates, as something all booksellers should read, so I figured I should get through our sample copy so I can pass it on to the rest of the store.

What did you read this week?

2 comments:

  1. Now that you have finished the HG series you'll be ready for the movie, too! I loved the whole series. I remember being in such suspense waiting for Mockingjay and then even as I read. I just wanted to keep reading and reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the reason The Hunger Games is the first pick for our reading group is because the movie's coming out (and there's a theater near our store that has all tickets going for $5 on Wednesdays so we can go straight to a screening after the discussion). Other reasons: Lots of people will have already read it, it appeals to all sorts of different demographics and its awesome.

      Delete